This is a program in progress, with some information dynamic based on the client's needs. Come back often for updates, or contact me for the latest news. Thank you. Please check the Self-publishers information on my Editing Services Page.
Fox Ridge Publications is a helping arm to writers or everyday people who want to publish a book but don’t know how, or do not have or want to take the time to learn. Please note that the following information assumes you understand some basic things about writing and publishing. Other more detailed information is on my Editing Services Page.
Fox Ridge Publications is a fee-based service. You pick the service you are interested in, contact me, and I or I and my team will work with you. Currently, hourly rates are $25 per hour; minimum service fee of $25 unless otherwise noted.
What I offer in separate packages
Write for hire projects – I can accept on a limited basis work for hire, such as biographies and memoirs, compilations. These are complete works considered on an individual basis and fees will be based on the time and research, travel and so forth needed.
Help writing back cover copy, front teasers, biographies, acknowledgements - Hourly rates apply.
Editing Services – please refer to my editing business for rates
Mentoring – please refer to my editing business for rates
Copyright language – if you only need appropriate copyright language, I can supply a standard format you can copy and paste, as well as additional supporting material such as Scripture references. But if you need to find copyrights for material such as quoted passages, song lyrics or poems, I can help you find the source, but you are responsible to request and pay any fees to the original copyright holders. Without such permission you are in violation of international copyright laws and subject to penalty. I will not help any author commit theft of intellectual property. Many copyright holders such as musicians and poets are happy to provide you with permission. Some may require small fees. Please respect the work of all artists. Hourly rates apply.
- Manuscript interior design and format for PRINT, according to your wishes within reason, based on available sizes from Lightning Source, Ingram Spark, or Create Space. This service does not include editing; however, if I find errors, I will let you know, and will correct a few minor problems. For manuscripts 100 pp or less in final format: $250; 200-300 pp: $400
These include table of contests, simple chapter headings and page header/footer in standard layout. For other designs, please request a quote. For pictures, please contact me. You must be able to provide scanned high-quality jpgs.
ISBNs provided at $30 each. Please note that ISBNs are needed for each separate version of your final book, including ebook, unless you are using Create Space’s assigned numbers OR have chosen not to make your print book available to the public to purchase AND/OR desire to create free versions of an electronic book. These ISBNs will be registered to Lisa Lickel Publishing OR Fox Ridge Publishing.
- Library of Congress Catalog Number for print books
There is no fee for the number, but I charge $10 to procure one for you. You may request a number under your own private imprint which I will apply for you. Please Note: Should you request and receive a Library of Congress Control Number, you are responsible to either send yourself or pay an extra fee to have me send two print copies to the Library of Congress.
- Ebook manuscript conversions – in process for ePub and Mobi. Please contact me for a quote. No extra charge for a pdf file if paying for a print manuscript format. For pdf files for Kindle or Nook layouts, there will be a fee if the file to upload needs different or extra formatting (eg, removal of header/footers and setting up a clickable table of contents or footnotes).
- Very Simple Cover design for Print (wrap cover, including spine and back) or Ebook – front panel only. Hourly rates and fees to purchase artwork apply.
You will be offered three or four designs from which you may choose with some personalization, or you will be directed to hire your own cover artist if I or my team cannot meet your expectations. Covers must be built on a template provided by the printer of choice based on a final page count and trim size of the book. If supplying your own artwork, high quality, 600 dpi, jpgs and accompanying proof of ownership must be provided.
Please contact a professional designer for complicated designs and interiors.
I recommend the following:
I recommend the following:
Lisa Hainline - Covers
Loralee Olson-Arcand - Word Services Unlimited - proofreading, design, help with local publishing
Help uploading your manuscript(s) to printer of your choice
Lightning Source, Ingram-Spark or Create Space (Amazon Print services) or Kindle (Amazon Ebook services), Barnes and Noble Print or Ebook Service (Nook) or Smashwords (Ebook only)
EITHER I offer guidance to walk you through the upload process (requires a bank account and password access from you which I do not want access to) for a fee OR Fox Ridge Publications acts as your publisher (see below). If we try to walk through the process and you do not feel comfortable, we will discuss other arrangements. Nonrefundable hourly rates apply.
Upload fees charged by each company are in addition to the fee requested for step by step instructions. Upload fees as of March 2016:
Lightning Source and Ingram-Spark are distributors that make your work available on numerous online sales outlets. You may opt to pay a one-time fee to be included in their product catalog, and/or an annual fee for marketing purposes which you may opt in for at the time of uploading ($12 per year).
Fox Ridge Publications acts as your publisher for a minimum of one year and a maximum of five years, and you are paid royalties in the amount of seventy percent of income received. NOTE: in order to qualify for this royalty rate, the books must be non-returnable.
- You will be forwarded each sales report, but will be paid royalties only in November and May of each year.
- You may request price changes no more than two times per year.
- You may order print copies at cost anytime for yourself, for which you will be responsible to pay in advance. Fox Ridge Publishing does not provide stock or inventory copies to authors.
- You may ask for re-uploads of cover or interior files once a year for a small fee, along with the re-upload fees (see above), if any, charged by the publisher of choice.
- You may choose to have all rights and materials returned to you after one calendar year, at which time Fox Ridge Publications will remove your files from the publisher of choice. Should you desire to republish your materials you will need a new ISBN. After five years, unless other arrangements are made, all materials and rights will revert to you, any outstanding royalties and a final report will be mailed.
Hourly rates apply for the following.
- At this time, 2016, I offer templates or a press release for your project which you may use to send to local media. For an extra fee I can research those addresses for you, but you are responsible to send the release.
- I can help devise ten tweets for your project.
- I can help or provide direction for back cover copy, bookmark copy, one sheet copy.
- I can direct you to outlets where you can purchase or design bookmarks and postcards for your project on your own.
- I can help put together a sales packet for you to deliver to local outlets and libraries.
- I can help you put together information sheets and sample interview material you can use for blog tours and other interviews.
The above services will be available for purchase on an hourly basis, with a minimum of $25.
At this time, 2016, I am putting together a list of individuals who are interested in doing reviews. This is a work in progress, and if you are interested in finding reviewers or being a reviewer for others, please contact me. You are responsible for contacting reviewers. Please be professional and do not abuse this service. Thank you.
(The list is in progress and forthcoming)